Want other ways to get pumpkin into your life during this autumn season? Instead of eating pumpkin spice flavored goodies, why not smear it all over you? Yes, that’s right — smear it in your hair for some deep conditioning or all over your face to get a quick exfoliating, pore-clogging facial! This will keep you feeling fresh and beautiful as winter begins to set in on us in the months to come.
Pumpkin-Coconut Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Use equal parts of coconut oil and pureed pumpkin (you can use canned, or if you’re carving a pumpkin, dig out those guts, remove the seeds and use the real deal). Add in 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice for a little fall scent. Warm the mixture in the microwave in a small bowl, loosely covered for about 20 seconds; you don’t want it to be too hot to comfortably massage into your hair. Your hair should wet but not dripping, and you’ll want to massage the mixture into your hair until all parts are covered. Spend a little time massaging it into your scalp as well. Then, wrap your hair in a shower cap or hot towel for 20 minutes and rinse well.
Depending on how long your hair is will depend on how much you need. For shoulder length hair, you’ll need 1/4c coconut oil and 1/4c. pumpkin. Double the recipe for longer locks. If you don’t use it all or you decide to make extra, just can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You’ll get all of the nourishing vitamins of pumpkin and coconut oil while moisturizing your hair at the same time.
Coconut oil will not strip your hair like many conditioners and also stimulates blood circulation in your scalp for better hair growth. The B-vitamins, potassium and zinc in pumpkin promote healthy hair growth and circulation, too!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Exfoliating Face Mask
- 1 tbsp pure pumpkin from can OR blended real pumpkin “guts”
- 3 tsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- ⅛ tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Mix the pureed pumpkin with coffee grounds. Now add yogurt, honey and cinnamon to the pumpkin mixture and combine thoroughly. Gently massage your face with the mask and leave it on for 10 minutes. Rub around one final time before rinsing off with warm water.
- The coffee will work as an exfoliant to instantly make your skin feel rejuvenated and smoother. The acid in the yogurt helps you get rid of dead skin, too. Cinnamon can increase the blood flow to the surface and it helps to open up your clogged pores.
- Try both of these out to make you feel warm inside while it’s getting cold outside. Pampering yourself never “tasted” so good.
While you work on your skin from the outside, you can also work on it from the inside-out with the Glam Pack by Bombshell Nutrition, a revolutionary trio of anti-aging products for your skin, hair, and nails made for women, by women with no unnecessary fillers.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GLAM PACK – CLICK HERE