Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses or vegetables. Makes 12 Frittatas • 1 Serving = 3 Frittatas
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Reduced Fat Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Whole Milk, Half & Half, Cashew Milk, or Pea Milk
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups of Raw Vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, onion, artichoke, spinach, bell pepper, tomatoes, or any non-starchy vegetable)
- Pre-heat oven at 425 F
- Spray oil on Muffin pan with (Pro Tip: wipe excess oil with paper towel ensuring each compartment is lined)
- Wash and cut your selected vegetables.
- Sautee vegetables until cooked (leafy greens should be slightly wilted) *Note: Important to cook vegetables prior to adding to egg mixture, otherwise the moisture will prevent eggs from cooking well.
- Mix whole eggs, egg whites, salt & pepper, and cheese (Optional use half the cheese in the mixture and half on the top of each frittata).
- Add your cooked vegetables to egg mixture. Combine well
- Add mixture to each muffin container, fill ¾ of the way.
- If you saved some of the cheese, use it now to top your Frittatas.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
Macros: Calories: 152 • Protein: 16 gm • Carbs: 9 gm • Fat: 6 gm