The cable squat is an AMAZING booty exercise for your Bombshell Booty Building Arsenal!
Here is how it’s done:
- Choose a cable attachment that you are comfortable with. It can be the rope, straight bar, or single pulley (grab with both hands, interlocking fingers).
- Select weight. Because you will use your body weight to counterbalance the cable weight, it is ideal to choose a weight close to your own. If the weight is too light you will fall back when you lean away from the cable.
- Face the cable machine, grab the selected attachment, and walk back 3-4 steps
- Lean back so that your weight is on your heels (The lean should be as if you would fall back if you let go of the cable)
IMPORTANT: Do not use your arms to pull on the weight. Arms remain straight with soft elbows, chest lifted, knees at a direct 90-degree angle directly above the ankles.
- Sit BACK in to the movement as the cable weight is lowered.
- Shove your weight DOWN through your heels to stand back up against the weight.
Want a little extra resistance? Place your Bombshell Booty Band just above the knees. The extra tension will further engage your glutes.
Happy Bombshell Booty Building!
DYK: All Bombshell VIP Memberships INCLUDE access to a FULL Video Library containing videos like the one above to assure you understand the exercise and it’s proper form.